We all know how powerful videos are today. Not only can they be educational but they can also be very entertaining, and a great marketing tool.
If you have a video that you would like to showcase on the sidebars of your WordPress website, check out the tips below and cool plugin to help you along the way.
There are a few ways to do this, but this one is the easiest…
Follow these steps…
1. Login to your WordPress Dashboard
2. Click on “Plugins” -> “Add New” and search for the plugin called “Video Sidebar Widget”
3. The first results in the search is the plugin you need called – “Video Sidebar Widget”, click Install then Activate the plugin
4. Now to set up your widget, go to “Appearance”, then “Widgets” and you will see the installed widget, click on Add or drag it to the sidebar that you want to add the widget on.
5. Next, find the YouTube video that you want to add and get the Video Id. This can be found in the URL of the actual video.
6. Now that you have this information, you can start to create your video sidebar widget. Create a title, choose YouTube from the drop down, and put in the video ID. For the width and height, this will vary for different blogs, leave it blank to start, then you can adjust the size. You can choose to have text under the video as well as if you want to video to autostart when someone visits your site.
7. After you fill out the details, click “Save Widget” and go look at your website. The image below is what my widget looks like to start. So, now I need to go back and edit the size and I would like to make the link under it “clickable”
8. Go back to the Widget area and click on “Edit” for the widget. The changes I made:
Width: 290 Height: 280
For the video caption box, I added code to make it clickable and centered: (use this code and replace the url and the title with your website)